Saturday, August 2, 2014

Technology Contracts

I'm working on creating a Technology Use Contract for my classroom.  Last year, we had some problems with not having the same rules throughout the school or consistently enforcing rules and procedures that our school had in place regarding technology - this led to damage and loss of equipment.  This year, our school is rolling out a 1:1 technology program, in order for this to be a success I feel it is it important that we hold our students to high standards, but this starts with holding our teachers to high standards.  I'm a 2nd grade teacher and last I heard, our students will be using Macbook Airs, so I created our contracts based on our experiences last year and with a little help from Google.  Many of the contracts that came up when I searched were for middle and high schools, so I had to do a lot of modification.  I'm hoping to share this with my administration and tech team.  Ideally, the whole school would use it, so that we are all functioning under the same set of rules and expectations.

So, now I need your help.  Check out what we've created and give us some feedback.  What would you add, take out, or change.  Feedback is needed and welcomed.  Thanks!!  If you'd like to use it, I'll be adding it to my TpT store when it's completed in the next week or so.  Anyone who leaves a comment can have it for free.  I'll be making it "pretty" with fun fonts and clipart.

PS.  If you read my first  draft of this, some of which made no sense - my apologies! This is why I should not be posting at 12 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment