Saturday, July 26, 2014

And the Blogging Continues

I have a secret to admit, I love the end of summer and the beginning of a new school year.

Okay, that might not exactly be a complete truth.  No teacher LOVES the end of summer, but I do like a fresh start.

I like to go into a clean classroom with freshly washed carpets and waxed floors (SHOUT OUT to all the awesome school custodians who work hard in the summers to get the schools spotless for us) and arranged my furniture for the new year.  I like to think about how I am going to be a better teacher for my students in the upcoming year.

Usually, I don't go to school until August, but this year, I've been working as a counselor at our school sponsored NASA camp, so I've been at school already and my wheels are turning.

I've already started working on things for Open House.  This year, I'm going to have Stations set up to direct students and their parents around the room.  I'm hoping this will help keep families busy and engaged while I'm talking to families.  I'm sure you've all experienced that family that corners you and you can't escape!  Eeek!!  I'm including my station signs below.  If you'd like to use them, I'll be adding  an editable version of them to my TpT store in the upcoming weeks, so keep an eye out.





No comments:

Post a Comment